The Energy Management System (EMS) is used to continuously and systematically determine energy flows and identify specific interventions that need to be taken to improve energy efficiency.
The EMS can be applied to small and large final energy consumers including energy-intensive industries, SMEs, public sector organizations, tertiary sector buildings and companies (e.g. department store chains), etc.
The reasons for applying a EMS are:
- Reduction of operating costs
With the implementation of the EMS, by a simple adjustment of the use and operational procedures, an energy saving of 15% can be achieved. This percentage can reach 25-30%, with the implementation of low-cost energy saving measures (0.5-2 years payback period).
- Environmental protection
Reducing energy consumption results in a corresponding reduction in CO2 emissions. At the same time, better working conditions are ensured.
- “Image” improvement
With the implementation of the EMS, a company’s “image” can be improved both at an economic level as well as an energy and environmental level.
Recognizing the need to promote energy management, HELESCO SA offers the following services:
- Energy audit of installations (collection of primary energy data and operating conditions, measurements with HELESCO’s special equipment).
- Energy report (evaluation of the current situation, identification of energy losses, proposal for the implementation of an energy management system).
- Thorough examination of the company’s facilities, to identify and inform the management of further intervention options at the levels of systems, subsystems, or individual equipment.
- Design and installation of energy monitoring and management system.
- Monitoring the operation and energy consumption of installations.
- Analysis of the recorded results, determination of energy indicators, determination of energy consumption reference levels, and drafting of an energy efficiency improvement programme.
- Support for company certification according to the ISO 50001 standard.